Monday, August 25, 2014

Happy Feet Cycling Team

Hi guys!

So recently I just joined a cycling group on Facebook and had my first ride with them. Group cycling is something new for me as I usually ride alone (I like the peace and comfort of riding solo). The group/team is called "Happy Feet Cycling"~ haha what a cute name!

My first ride with them was on Friday, 8 August 2014 and it was a Round Island Ride~ I was excited about it since it was my first group ride covering such a long distance. I have rode round island once alone and I swear it wasn't easy as you can't draft behind anyone. But nevertheless it was a real fun experience riding alone.

We met at Shell Loyang before departing at about 9pm. The first rider I met was Wee. Nice guy with a humble bike. Had a chat with him before another guy, KS, came along. KS had a really nice S-Works Tarmac in bright yellow with a matching SRAM groupset. He's also a nice dude and rides fast hahaha..

We then rolled off once everyone was gathered. Route was pretty straightforward. Loyang - Coastal - ECP - Fort Rd - Stadium - Nicoll Highway - Shenton Way - Keppel Rd - Telok Blangah Rd - Pasir Panjang Rd - West Coast Highway... then i can't remember where we went haha. But I remember passing by CCK and then the group went to Mandai and back towards Pasir Ris after I broke off along Woodlands Rd to collect my fork.

It was a really fun and enjoyable ride! Meeting new people and also enjoying a long ride! (though my ass hurt when I got home)

Photo of the pack (Credits: Clement Tan of Happy Feet Cycling FB Group)


Cheers!
-Fad

No comments:

Post a Comment